Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Blossoms

It's been a while (again) since I got paint on my hands, and this time I decided to try out some nib-painting!

The last time (which was also my first time), that I did attempt a bit of nib-painting was more than a decade ago when this really caring art instructor at Nasik taught me the technique. I was just over 16 then and was enjoying the hobby of trying out various art work while waiting for my results to get published. Little did I know then that it would be a while until I picked up another felt backdrop and mixed paint to re-create the same feeling.

The trouble with the nib-painting is that once done, no one gets to see the trouble taken to get it to that point! (which is quite sad). A simple boquet of flowers (could have easily been splattered by a 9-year old, as long as the paint stayed within the lines!).


Well truth be told my friends; it's quite cumbersome. I won't say it's tough, b'coz you just need to pick the right picture, trace it out and fill in. But if you look closely at each flower petal, you can see the detailing involved in each petal of each flower. Many single strokes of the nib helps create the complete pictures.
Well, at least now it's not thought of as childs play :) although the child in me did enjoy each moment when a blank black sheet transformed into a bright, almost 3D imagery.

Try your hand, it's tiring but definately not impossible... just needs the right material and a whole lot of patience!!


No comments: