Saturday, May 2, 2009

A knit in time, serves mine.

Let me begin this one with a question- "Who says you have to have a baby, or be in the way (of having a baby) to knit a dainty baby sweater?" Well, let's be honest- no one. Yet, somehow everyone expects that's why you are doing the job; right?

Try correcting me if you can; and my friend, I can guarantee you'll fail. As a matter of fact, in my defense, when I did knit this sweater, it was just to see if I could knit a full sweater-- the neck, sleeves, cap et all. And what better way to attempt this task, than a teeny-tiny baby sweater. Quick and simple.

Honestly folks, this would be the first time that I did knit a sweater, end-to-end. And literally every single person I tried to express my exhilaration to, thought the only reason I had knit one, was beacuse of the obvious. Ahem; couldn't I be just broadening my skill set?!

Let's just say I decided I could do more than just knit baby sweaters. And as proof I did a few cute coasters and some more fun stuff. Yes, you can make household supplies too with your knitting needles and not just use them to hide your skin from the winter chills!

Let me also 'show off my modesty' (that would be a cheeky oxymoron if one of my literature proffs were to read this up), by stating that none of these are an expression of my originality, but designs picked out of the many sites the world wide web today generously provides us with.

Belive me, if you have a creative bone in your body for just about anything, from gardening to home decor to art, you just have to type the right url and magically you get a hand to guide you there!

3 comments:

sindhura said...

Shilpa u are truly the super woman!

Anonymous said...

Chanced upon this and WOW, Shilpa, had no idea about your artsy side! :o) You are really talented! Loved the picture of the sunset and the portrait of your nephew. Might just commision you for our family picture!! :o)

Vidhya

Unknown said...

Hope some one is on the way to fill up the teeny tiny baby sweater :P
good one sis :)